Brand new Recording King RP1-16C acoustic guitar. Using a solid torrefied Adirondack spruce tops as the foundation for the RP1-16C, the 12-fret single 0 cutaway with a dreadnought scale. These guitars sound great thanks to the vintage tone of the torrefied top, and the dreadnought scale gives them greater punch and projection beyond what you’d expect from a traditional 0 guitar. The torrefied RP1-16C delivers vintage tone thanks to a specially cured top that produces similar tone to a vintage instrument that’s been broken in for years. The small body combined with longer dreadnought scale gives the RP1 added punch and volume to cut through any mix. The RP1-16C is the perfect instrument for fingerstyle players thanks to the cutaway and 1-3/4″ nut, delivering even, vintage-style tone everywhere on the fretboard.
PICTURE: RP1-16 is on the right. The other guitar is the 30 year old aged top RD-328 to show size and different specs/prices.
Why get it from Rocktown?
- Our staff of certified guitar technicians examine every instrument before shipping for the best quality.
- We take the time to give our instruments a professional grade set-up before shipping for the best play-ability.
- Our store is ran by real musicians .
- We are the longest running Recording King dealer in MN
- Body Shape: Cutaway O-Body
- Top Material: Solid Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Top Bracing Pattern: Scalloped X-Bracing
- Top Braces: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Thin V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Fretboard Material: Padauk
- Scale Length: 25.4″
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 3/4″
- Headstock Overlay: Padauk
- Headstock Inlay: Recording King Decal Banner
- Tuning Machines: Grover Butterbean
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: Classic Style
- Top Purpling: Black/White
- Fretboard Inlays: Small Dots
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Shape: Pyramid
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge Pins And Endpin: Black With Abalone Dot
- Finish: Gloss