Brand new Recording King RD-328 acoustic guitar. Part of the Tonewood Reserve Series, the Recording King RD-328 evokes classic dreadnought style, sound & volume thanks to hand-selected tonewoods and vintage styling. The foundation of the 328’s tone comes from solid Adirondack spruce tops that we’ve been naturally aging for the past 30 years. Adirondack’s excellent projection, coupled with three decades of curing delivers a stiff, loud, lightweight top with powerful fundamental tone. Combine the aged tops with solid Rosewood back and sides, and you have the all-solid basics for guitars that have powered genres like bluegrass and country for decades. Finish the 328 with classy, low-key fretboard dots on the rosewood fretboard, and a vintage-style tortoise pickguard to protect the top. The 328’s classic rosette design and herringbone body purfling complete the traditional look. For players that need the power and volume that only a dreadnought can provide, but still want the warmth and vibrancy that comes with aged tonewoods, the RD-328 offers the best of both worlds at a fraction of the price of a vintage instrument.
Why get it from Rocktown?
- Our staff of certified guitar technicians examine every instrument before shipping for the best quality.
- We take the time to give our instruments a professional grade set-up before shipping for the best play-ability.
- Our store is ran by real musicians .
- We are the longest running Recording King dealer in MN
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Top Material: Solid Adirondack Spruce, 30 Year Aged
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X
- Top Braces: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany, 1 Piece
- Neck Profile: Thin V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4″
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 11/16″
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning Machines: Grover Open Gear Butterbean
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: Triple Ring
- Top Purpling: Herrinbone
- Fretboard Inlays: MOP Dots
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Shape: Belly Bridge
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge Pins And Endpin: Ivory Plastic With Black Dot
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Finish: Gloss