LESSONS AT A GLANCE
- Barry has been playing guitar for over 20 years and teaching for over two decades
- Degree in music from University of Moorhead
- He has performed in many live groups
- Spots open now on Thursdays only ( changes often)
- Barry graduated from Minnesota State University Moorhead with a Bachelor of Arts in Music,
cum laude. At MSUM I studied jazz guitar performance, classic guitar, live sound
reinforcement, recording, and history of music. During my time in Moorhead, Minnesota, I
taught private lessons at Marguerite’s Music where I developed my passion for teaching music
by sharing my knowledge with so many music hungry students. After graduating I planted my
roots in Duluth, MInnesota and taught many students and worked in the Music Industry for 12
years. Duluth is where I developed my music curriculum and “Teaching to Teach Yourself”
philosophy. In Duluth I taught guitar and bass lessons, sold and ordered music gear, and
developed some of my most treasured relationships at Great Northern Music Centers. I also
instructed at the John Duss Music Conservatory, Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College and
started my own lesson school from home. I played in and recorded with a blues band, recorded
2 albums as an acoustic duo, and performed many gigs with both groups. In 2013, my young
family of four, and our trustworthy pup, moved to Sauk Rapids to be closer to family. I am
excited to come back to instructing guitar to all ages and all types of music at Rocktown Music.
Whether you or your child is a visual, kinesthetic, or audial learner, Barry will be able to pick up on his student’s learning ability and shape his lessons around what works best for his students – at a state accredited level. His focus on education followed by his musical passion creates a learning environment for the student to excel.
- Based on your needs, lessons are typically encouraged weekly to biweekly. However many of our teachers are flexible.
- To schedule a lesson, please contact Rocktown Music at (320) 257-7676 or through firstname.lastname@example.org.