This new Recording king does not have cheap spruce- it is nice sounding torrefied spruce top ! This is why we were the first dealer in Minnesota and remain one of the top dealers in the country. We can set these up low so they play very easy. Was $699 and $65 case- $499 for both….
Torrefaction is a specialized process used on Recording King Adirondack spruce tops where the wood is heated at a low temperature in an oxygen-free environment.
This curing process reduces impurities in the wood and results in weight reduction and increased stiffness, producing a similar chemical transformation to wood that has been dried for decades.
The end result is a lightweight, extra-resonant top that produces similar tone to a vintage instrument that’s been loved and played for years.
These solid torrefied Adirondack spruce tops are the foundation for Recording King’s Torrefied Series dreadnought guitars. When paired with mahogany back & sides, the result is guitars with extra punch, projection and warm, vintage-style tone everywhere on the fretboard.
Whether you’re a singer/songwriter or fingerpicker, the Recording King Torrefied Series guitars are the perfect way to achieve vintage tone in a new instrument.
- Solid Torrefied Adirondack Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back & Sides
- 25.4″ Scale Length
- 1-11/16″ Nut Width
- Tortoise Pickgaurd
Why get it from Rocktown?
- Our staff of certified guitar technicians examine every instrument before shipping for the best quality.
- We take the time to give our instruments a professional grade set-up before shipping for the best play-ability.
- Our store is ran by real musicians . Our Gm played more gigs in December than most any other in midwest did all year- just saying…
- Body Type: Dread
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: solid Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood