A set-up is necessary for all stringed instruments for the best possible playability. It makes for a much more comfortable and accurate playing experience compared to instruments without.
They typically cost $30 – $60 and should only be attempted by experienced professionals. (Luthiers)
A set-up includes:
- Inspection of strings, moving parts, and loose parts.
- Cleaning of the factory debris off of the frets and fretboards (No gunk left behind)
- Conditioning of the fret board (It won’t feel dry)
- Straightening of the neck (The strings don’t buzz)
- Lowering of the action (The strings aren’t hard to push down)
- Intonation check (It’s actually in tune with itself)
- Polishing of the body and headstock
We examine and set-up every stringed instrument that we sell online. We do this to make sure you’ll have a better playing instrument than most retailers.